Visitor International is the International Association of Visitor Information Providers. Our member companies around the world specialize in providing client information to visitors during their stay in their destination, to guide them to wonderful experiences. In this way our member companies:
- Encourage visitors to do, see and enjoy more during their stay at their destination and nearby.
- Drive business to great experiences (where to stay, attractions to visit, activities to enjoy, the best places to eat and shop, and the best transport to get them there).
- Deliver hundreds of millions in revenue to client companies every year.
- Encourage longer stays and repeat visits, by presenting visitors with more opportunities for enjoyment.
- Help ensure that their services also reflect well on the channels they distribute through e.g. lodgings, attractions, and access gateways.
The members of Visitor International share a common interest in the practices, procedures, opportunities and challenges unique to our 'visitor information' industry. They are guided by a common code of standards and ethics.
The goal of the Association is to highlight the importance of providing quality visitor information to visitors and to foster the delivery of professional services to clients with Integrity, Quality, and Results.
About Our Members
- Our members are all professional visitor information providers that are trusted to deliver for their clients. They all follow the Association’s code of standards and ethics.
- Our members distribute over 2 billion brochures and publications each year, all to inform and guide visitors to ensure they have an enjoyable time.
- Each member has a unique offering, distributing brochures through display networks in their respective areas and often disseminating visitor information through other means.
- All of our members specialize in visitor brochure distribution and related services. Over 40 years on from our establishment in 1975 (which pre-dates the internet by 16 years), brochures are still by far the most effective means of reaching and influencing visitors during their trip. This fact is known by both our members and their clients, who see the positive promotional impact of brochures – which is also reinforced by independent research.
- While leaflets and brochures are the most effective means of influencing visitors, our members often offer a wider range of visitor information products and services including brochure distribution, maps, magazines, mini-cards, smartphone and tablet apps, posters, desktop and mobile websites, digital displays, kiosks, design services and more. This diversity was one of the principal reasons the Association changed its name in 2016 from ‘The International Association of Professional Brochure Distributors’ to ‘Visitor International – The International Association of Visitor Information Providers.
- One constant through the years has been collaboration. Members continue to refer business to each other to the benefit of members, their clients and visitors. They also share information and learnings through Visitor International and member network meetings. In this way, members all gain from the insights of each other's businesses and each company's different perspective.
- Our members also play an important role in highlighting to the management and staff at display stand host locations (such as lodgings, attractions, travel centers and international gateways) the importance of providing quality visitor information and the part it plays in enhancing the visitor's experience during their destination visit.
Short History Of Association
The International Association of Professional Brochure Distributors (IAPBD), which in 2016 changed its name to Visitor International, was founded in 1975 by six men: Terry McDonough of Florida Folder Service (now called Brochure Displays, Inc.), the late Bill Miller of F.PI.S., Inc., Art Miller (no relation to Bill Miller) of Florida Timetable Service, Harper Thaw of Southern Folder Distribution Co., and Bob Price and Jim Howell of Southern Travel Information Service.
They referred business to one another as their clients, or prospective clients inquired about services in other member areas. Soon, other brochure distribution companies in the United States became members and this extended to Canada and then to Europe and beyond. You can see our list of worldwide members here.
Interested in Joining the Association?
If your company provides professional information services to visitors, including brochure distribution services, and would like to join our Association, let us know.
We would be happy to provide you with a link to an online application form, together with information on our code of standards and ethics and details on the benefits of being a member. You can email us here:
Why Join - what are the benefits of membership?
Being a member of Visitor International provides a range of benefits. It identifies your company as a company that operates at the highest level and can win you business. You are also joining a network of companies that are vastly experienced and are prepared to refer business and share their learnings.See all the benefits