‘Paper is Green’ and one of the few truly sustainable products
Print on paper is the original disruptive technology that brought knowledge to the masses. Today, print on paper is one of the largest industries in the world and is an effective and important tool you should never forget within your promotional strategies.
Paper is made from a natural resource that is renewable, recyclable and compostable. These features, combined with the paper industry’s advocacy of responsible forestry practices, use of renewable, carbon-neutral biofuels and advances in efficient papermaking technology, make paper a product with inherent and unique sustainable features.
- Paper is based on wood, a natural and renewable resource that can be planted, grown, harvested and replanted. Each year forests in the U.S and Canada grow significantly more wood than is harvested. In Europe, between 2005 and 2015, forests grew by 44,000 Square Kilometers - that amounts to over 1,500 football pitches of forest growth every day! Growing trees release oxygen into the atmosphere.
- Paper has been an integral part of our cultural development and is essential for modern life. Paper also helps to increase levels of literacy and democracy worldwide and plays an important role in protecting goods and foodstuffs during transit.
- Paper informs and increases knowledge through newspapers, magazines, books and brochures, and plays an important role in stimulating economic growth.
- Paper is made from renewable resources, and responsibly produced and used paper has many advantages over other, non-renewable alternative materials.
- Paper is recyclable, and paper is recycled more than any other solid waste commodity.
50% of the world’s wood harvest is used for energy and 28% for construction. There are some other uses, but paper only directly takes 13%
The GREEN side of Visitor International
The members of Visitor International view print on paper as a powerful means of communication. Our members are all environmentally conscious. They:
- Maintain print inventory to eliminate waste.
- Recycle all outdated brochures and other print material.
- Run fuel-efficient fleets.
- Operate efficient brochure distribution services and optimize the delivery routes for every journey. They carry the brochures of multiple clients at the same time, on single journeys, filling display racks along each optimized route. Our member’s distribution processes deliver efficiencies (and cost savings) that reduce our client’s carbon footprint.
Why Join - what are the benefits of membership?
IBeing a member of Visitor International provides a range of benefits. It identifies your company as a company that operates at the highest level and can win you business. You are also joining a network of companies that are vastly experienced and are prepared to refer business and share their learnings.See all the benefits